Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chicken Salad

Remember that chicken salad recipe I told you I was going to post tonight?  Well here it is-

Chicken Salad

-Chicken breast, cooked and shredded or chopped ( I usually use 2 depending on the size )
-Finely chopped onion ( about 1/3 cup )
-Chopped celery ( about 2 stalks )
-Red grapes cut in half ( about a cup )
-Apples chopped ( about 3/4 cup ) toss in a splash of lemon juice
-Acini Di Pepe pasta noodles ( about 1/2 cup into boiling water )
-Real Mayo, I use the light mayo but those of you not needing to watch your figure, go for the real stuff !( about 3/4 cup )
-Miracle whip, again I use the light ( about 1/4 cup )

Toss everything together in a big bowl and place in the fridge to chill for a while.  The reason I said "about" on all of the ingredients is because I don't measure.  With this recipe you really don't have to measure.  If you want more grapes, add more grapes!  If you like extra crunch, add more celery or apples!  Add a little more mayo if you want to!  It's personal preference on this one my friends and it's unbelievably delicious!  This recipe is served best on croissants.  I buy them at Sam's club because they are cheaper and if you buy the croissants at Hyvee, they only come 4 to a container and you're going to need a lot more than that to serve this chicken salad.  So the next time you're having a baby shower or a bridal shower or wondering what to have on a Sunday afternoon for lunch, try this out!  Your guests will love it and your family will too! 

So Simple!!!

*I got this recipe from a friend a few years ago while attending a bridal shower.  It was served there and the ladies went crazy over it!  Way better than your Plain Jane ham and turkey sandwiches!


  
Oh my goodness that made me hungry!  It's getting colder out!  My lips are started to feel chapped and my nose just never stops dripping!  The beautiful braces got put on today.  They hurt and feel huge in my mouth.  I'll post those later on...
The boys had church tonight.  Dane took them so I could attempt to go for a run.  It was cold but so good for my body.  We'll see if I can walk tomorrow.  Can you believe I can get these boys to sit at the table and actually do homework quietly at night?  I can't believe it either!

Nite!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10