Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkins Oh My!


Are those sticky buns?  My oh my yes they are!  What a way to start out a Saturday morning!  Last time I made these I almost had to call the fire department because I used one of those angel food cake pans and didn't put a cookie sheet under it....ALL of the caramel goo was stuck to the bottom of my oven and burning like crazy.  That also happened to be Christmas morning.  Not a good way to start your special Christmas morning with your family.  I spent a whole half of a day cleaning up that mess...a couple days later of course.  This time I used the cookie sheet to catch the caramel goo and they turned out great.  Partnered with a cup of coffee doctored up with creamer and we were good to go. 

Today was Brady's last game of football for the season.  It was such a nice day too.  The sun was shining and we didn't have to freeze.  Brady's team won their last game.  They cheered like they had just won the super bowl.  Makes me so happy to see that he enjoyed himself so much.  He has been covered with bruises for the last 2 months and has never complained.  He loved it.  Here he is with his friend Ryan.  I don't think Ryan was ready for the picture but Brady was smiling through the helmet.


I certainly won't miss washing those white football pants.  I went through almost 2 full bottles of shout to keep those clean.  I am a firm believer in shout vs grass stains.  The shout defeated the grass stains every time.  We'll have a pizza party to celebrate the season and Brady is excited for that. 

I am roasting pumpkin seeds tonight in my oven.  I have never done that before but some girls at work have said how good they are.  I think the reason I have never tried them is because it's kind of hard to get past that slimy orange goop that the seeds sit in.  I'd tell you what I think of every year I pull that out of the pumpkin but I don't want to make you sick.  I'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow.  All I did was rinse them really good and then throw them on a sprayed cookie sheet and sprinkled them with some garlic salt.  I took a "before carving" picture to let you guess who drew which face.  I had to laugh...and then think Brady was crazy because if I was going to have to carve that face, I thought for sure I'd lose a finger..Here's the before picture.



And here is the after picture.  I am sorry for it not being so clear.  I need to read up a little more on my camera when taking pictures at night and not wanting to use the flash.  It's not too clear in this picture but I did the best I could.  Not too bad of a carve job huh?  I had to make Cody's face a little bigger and couldn't get all the details on Brady's.  Where was Dane while this was all going on you ask?  He won't touch pumpkin guts.  He gags from the smell of them and can't stand the texture of it all.  Hmm...I'll leave it at that. 

Nite!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10