Saturday, December 31, 2011

Welcoming 2012

As we say goodbye to 2011, we say hello to 2012.  I don't know about you but I love New Years.  I look forward to it at the end of every year because of the feeling I get...the "resolutions" I want to make and try to keep.  Doesn't everyone?  Whether it be to get more organized, or to recognize birthdays and other special occasions a little better, or even that big one so many talk about...weight loss.  I haven't decided fully on what my resolutions will be.  Of course the three I named off don't sound so bad.  Living in the moment, not taking things for granted, and just enjoying the small things in life...slowing down to smell the roses every once in a while sound pretty good to me too.  Speaking of roses...well not actual roses..more on the lines of Spring actually.  I am ready for it.  We haven't even had a real Minnesota winter and I am already ready for Spring.  It's January tomorrow you know and that really only leaves about 3 months left for cold and snow.  Perfect!

Back to today!!  We started out our evening with a little decor for our dinner table.


Yes, that is a pink table cloth.  I live with three boys.  I think I can have something a little girly every once in a while.  Brady and Cody blew up the balloons.  Brady hung them from the ceiling with some thread that you wouldn't be able to see so it looked like they were hanging with a little magic.  My camera still caught the thread, oops. 

Next, our waiter showed up to take our orders...  Thank you Cody, yes I'll have the lasagna, garlic bread, and a tall glass of that bubbly you've got there on the table.  Thanks!


He ran to his closet to put on a nice dress shirt.  It's a good thing he's so cute...I had to spell everything I wanted to eat and drink so he could write it down.  I don't do that for just any waiter at a restaurant!

That sweetheart in the camo poured our bubbly for us...No mom, it's not "real" wine.  It's sparkling white grape juice.

Cheers to you and your family, see you next year!
Nite!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10