Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Those growing boys

Here we are, close to the middle of February already.  I don't know about you but I am more than ready for Spring.  I am ready for the little green grass pieces to start poking through the ground and for my perennials to start popping up.  I am ready to open the windows and let fresh air in our house.

Cody is doing well in hockey again this year.  He lives for that sport.  By the time he is done, he looks like he just stepped out of the shower.  Head to toe soaked with sweat.  The car ride home is awesome of course with his beautiful odor.  Now that he's getting older, that hockey bag now lives in the garage when not in use.


There he is, with the black hood sticking out of the back of his jersey.  They had their outdoor game a couple of weeks ago.  He looks forward to this one more than any of them.  They bring in a dj to play music, concession stands, and fire pits to keep warm.  


Wake up little goalie, Cody is about to score on you!  We actually stayed pretty warm this year.  The temperature wasn't nearly as bad as last year.  Of course I bundled up like I was going to sit outside for two days.  I absolutely hate to be cold.

Did you do anything fun for the super bowl this year?  We stayed home this year.  I made a nice dinner and some fun cupcakes to have as a treat.  Instead of red velvet, I did green velvet.  I added some fun colored sprinkles.


I think Cody ate more cupcakes than anyone.  That boy is going through a growth spurt right now.  I don't know where he puts it.  Last week I ordered a large pepperoni pizza with a thick crust.  Dane was gone so it was just me and the boys.  I took two smaller pieces and was beyond full.  I left the table to go put clothes away in my bedroom while the boys finished eating.  I came back to find an empty box with not even a crumb left.  I could not believe it.  I thought for sure one of them would get sick from eating that much pizza but they didn't.  They are seriously starting to eat me out of my house and they are only 11 and 7.  

Do you have anything fun planned for Valentine's day?  I don't think we do.  Cody meets with his reading tutor that night and I think Dane might have committed to a side job.  Maybe we'll be able to celebrate it Friday night instead.  I love doing something special for the holidays, even if I have three boys in the house that could really care less.

I'll post tomorrow about a little Valentine's craft I made this week.  I had everything I needed for it at home and it turned out adorable!



Nite!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10