Friday, November 4, 2011

A camera strap

Here we are again, Friday.  I love Friday at 5pm every single week.  Funny though, as much as I can't wait to get out of work, it's 9:30 pm and I am still in my work clothes.  Soon I'll be going to bed as we have hockey at 8:15 tomorrow morning.  Oh that's early and cold on a Saturday.  Still, I look forward to it.  My mom and I are thinking of getting a little Christmas shopping done tomorrow afternoon.  I can't believe it's that time of year again.  The boys get harder and harder to buy for every year.  It's not as easy to pick out an inexpensive little truck and have them go wild over it anymore.

I didn't feel like making a mess of my kitchen tonight.  We actually had cereal for dinner.  I think the boys had their fair share of Halloween candy again tonight and nobody was really saying they were that hungry.  Instead I got my sewing machine out and went about a little project I have been meaning to try.  I have a canon rebel camera.  It is the best investment I have made for my family and I am so glad I have it.  The back of the strap always sticks to my hair when I have it around my neck and it drives me crazy.  I have been wanting a strap cover for a while and all of them I look at online are at least $15 plus shipping.  I did a little reading and realized it wasn't going to be too difficult to make one.  Sorry about the pictures, they aren't the best but you get the idea I think...

Here I cut the strips a little wider than what my camera strap was and pinned them together.


A little blurry at the bottom there but you see the pins?  I just sewed up and down both sides making sure I had the size of the strap up the middle.  Then once I finished sewing, I ironed it flat.  The hardest part was getting it turned right side out.  My thumbs were almost numb once I was done trying to push it all through.  Here is it finished.


I found the wild fabric on clearance at JoAnn fabrics.  It is a thicker fabric that I knew would be durable.  I thought it was kind of fun.  So once I had it complete, I just took one side of my camera strap off of my camera and strung it through.  It was a little snug but I didn't want it to slide all over the place once I got it on there.  I love it!  It gives my camera a little character and a little color.


So there you have it!  Super fun and super simple!

Nite!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10