Monday, December 19, 2011

5 days til Christmas Eve


5 days until Christmas Eve.  The festivities will begin, gifts will be passed, wine will be drank, way too much junk food will be eaten and we'll celebrate baby Jesus' birthday of course!  The boys are getting so excited for Christmas.  It feels like just yesterday that I was pushing those tomato wires into the dirt out in the garden and the boys were dropping seeds into the little dirt holes.  Seasons come and go so darn fast, it's hard to be in the moment and enjoy them. 

One of our traditions we do at our house is the decorating of the gingerbread house.  No, I don't make the walls from scratch.  I don't know anyone that does that actually and if you are one of those, GOOD for you! Ha!  We picked up a kit at the grocery store yesterday afternoon after the boys swam for an hour at the health club.  Here they are...why Brady always poses this way for the camera is beyond me but this is the picture he wanted posted so here it is.


Cody is looking at him likes he's one weird duck...Brady is, but that's why we love having him around so much.  Can't see his eyes, I think it's time for a trim!

Finished!  It never looks like the perfect house displayed on the box but that's the fun of making it your own original gingerbread house.


Yes, that IS a gingerbread man standing out front, so glad you noticed! 

Miss Molly is going in for her very first teeth cleaning tomorrow morning.  She's 11 years old and has never been in to the "dentist".  I am a little nervous because she's my baby girl so I'll be snuggling her extra tight tonight!  She got a little treat from her Nana the other day when we stopped up to Leashes and Leads....I think she's smiling!  Yum, a cow knuckle all for you sweet girl!


I think that's a smile.  It's either a smile or a "get-out-of-here" glare to back off the cow bone.

I hate to admit this, but I haven't even started any holiday baking.  I have not one single cookie or treat baked.  I am going to bring some red velvet cupcakes to the Christmas' this year though.  Everyone always requests that kind and it's perfect for the holidays with that deep red cake.  I think it would be lovely with a deep red glass of wine!

Who is this child?  Seriously, where do these boys come from?  Did I really raise them to be this crazy??



Ahh, now I know where they get it.  Should I really admit this guy is my father and he is the grandfather of my children?  It's amazing I turned out as perfect as I did!


Weird!

Nite!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10