Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goulash

We are all decorated for Christmas at our house.  Nothing more in our boxes left to put out.  When you look at http://www.pinterest.com/ every day to check out the new ideas on there....there's always room for more decorations!  The ideas on that website are never-ending.  I found one online today that the boys and I are going to make for each of their classmates.  I have a few more things to get for the craft idea and then we'll get started.  I can't wait to show it to you!

Here is our fireplace decorated up for the holidays!


I said I would show you our Christmas tree after that was finished so here you go!


When you don't have a lot of groceries in your house, deciding what to feed a family of 4 can sometimes be a challenge..until you find a lonely pound of hamburger in the freezer!  I was searching my freezer last night and found it...the very last one.  I threw it into the refrigerator to thaw for tonight's dinner.  Just about everyone has noodles, tomato sauce, and a can or two of diced tomatoes.  Easy goulash!

Sorry about the photo....I realized I forgot to snap my picture AFTER I coated my dish with parmesan cheese...oopsie!


Hey, at least I got the photo before there was only a bite or two left!

Simple Goulash

2 cups elbow noodles, cooked according to box
1 lb. hamburger browned with spices of your choice
1/2 of an onion (skipped this tonight, just added onion flakes)
 1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
(or any kind you might have.. I can my own from my garden so that's what I used)

I add the tomato cans to my hamburger once it's cooked.  My mom always says to add a couple of teaspoons of sugar so that's what I do as well.  Combine the meat sauce and the noodles in a baking dish.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve with a slice of bread and butter and a cold glass of milk!

SO easy to make and everyone in my family likes goulash.  Dane adds salsa to the top of his.  I am not a fan of that but he is. 

We are headed to the cities for the weekend.  I'll post again Sunday night to tell you about our adventure!

Nite!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10