Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Plumbing and oreos

Well I am sorry to report that Algae Eater is no longer with us.  He is now down the toilet and into the "ocean" where all drains lead to.  He was a good pet.  I actually can't believe I kept him alive as long as I did. 

Tonight we had the plumbers in.  See, living with 3 boys, the base of the toilet can get pretty darn nasty over time.  Nobody will admit it but someone (all of them) miss the toilet from time to time and it just starts to look bad...and not smell the greatest.  So here we are, let's get started.


They are ready to work!  The nice thing about these plumbers, they work for cookies...at my house.  They didn't even call Molly over to them.  I think she saw me grab my camera and figured it was time to get ready for the photo shoot.  She's such a good dog.

Next Dane put Cody to work.  He got down by the toilet and unscrewed the screws.


Now dad gets in to help out.



The saying really is true...Plumbers really do have a crack!  Dane said he did that on purpose just so I could get the picture of it.  Believe me, this is nothing done on purpose.  Plumbers really do have a crack when they work...I have seen his many times!  While he's working...I have seen his crack!
The toilet is all done.  It's nice and clean now and the "urine" smell is gone.  I wonder if I could convince them all to start sitting down when they have to go..I know I know, too much information.  On to something more exciting.




If you're licking the computer screen right now, I really don't blame you.  These beauties really do taste like an oreo cookie.  They don't taste like those cake like oreos either.  I am not a fan of those.  These are the real deal.  I think my "hired" plumber may have eaten 3 of them while I was helping the boys with homework. 
Homemade Oreos

-the cookies-
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs butter, softened
1 large egg
2 tsp milk

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined into a cookie dough mixture.  Next form small balls, about the size of a truffle and place onto baking sheet covered with parchament paper.  Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes or until they start to crack a little bit on the top.  Cool them completely before frosting with the filling.

-the filling-
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup crisco
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Using a hand held mixture, mix until it forms a smooth frosting like consistency.  I added about 2 tsp of milk to mine to make it a little more creamy.  You don't want it too creamy though because you don't want it to run off of the cookie.  Now as far as how much filling to put on your cookie, well that's up to you!
Gently press the second cookie on top of the filling and make yourself
a nice oreo sandwich.  You can have your glass of milk on the side or you can dunk these precious things right down into that glass.  Either way, they are going to taste amazing.

Nite!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10