Monday, April 9, 2012

Moving!

Happy Easter!  Our candy supply would lead one to believe it's Halloween and we've traveled the neighborhood for hours knocking on doors.  Holy buckets...literally.  There are 6 buckets of candy and little toys sitting on my table right now filled to the tops.  Those little boys are not going to have any teeth left by the end of the month.

The garden is all ready for planting this year.


The first signs of color are already here too.  I love these little purple flowers.  Can't tell you the name of this plant or half of the others in my garden actually.  I am learning.



I have to tell you....I'm going to really miss it.  Miss it?  Yep, we're moving.  We will be in our new home by the end of this month.  The good news about this garden and all of my flowers, it's here at Dane's Nana's house, where we have been living....so I can keep my flowers here until I am ready to transplant at our house.  I have been busy packing and going through drawers and cupboards.  I think I have packed close to 1000 boxes.  Am I a hoarder?  You never realize how much stuff you have until you start packing all of it.  Serious, with going through cupboards, I found 6 strainers.  Garage sale here I come!  I am going to have to get rid of some stuff in order to "fit" into our house.

The boys are excited...well Brady is.  He can't wait to have his own bedroom and space.  He hasn't had his own bedroom since he was a baby, before Cody was born.  He's almost 10 though and really would like some privacy.  Cody on the other hand is ticked that we're moving.  He asked if he could bring his Nana with him.  He said she could sleep in his room.  Awwww....  He's mad that he has to have his own room.  He's mad that he's leaving this huge backyard where he can run wild.

As for Molly,


I've decided to share custody of her with Nana.  Molly is going to be 12 years old this winter.  She's old and she loves her Nana just as much, if not more (because Nana spoils her) than me.  I can't take her to our house and leave her all day long while we are at work when she's use to being with people all day up at Nana's.  She would be heart broken if I left her all alone all day.  I am really having a hard time with it though.  Molly was my first child.  Dane bought her for me on his birthday 11 years ago and she's been with me, going just about everywhere with me since.  She's my girl.  I have decided that on the weekends when I know we'll be home, I'll come and get her.  And because the plumbing shop is out here, maybe some week nights I'll come get her after work and have Dane bring her out here in the morning when he comes to the shop.  Like dropping her off to doggie daycare.  I know this is where she will be the happiest but boy it's going to be hard.  Even though she spends most of her time upstairs, I still stop up to see her every day.  She gets excited to see me but most of the time I can tell she just wants to me stop and say hello and be on my way.. Nana spoils her.  She puts chicken in her dog food...with chicken broth!  It helps me knowing that she'll be treated like the princess that she is every single day she is out here.  Ok, moving on before I start sobbing at my computer!

I found this neat idea on pinterest the other day.  Who doesn't love mozzarella sticks?  


String cheese!  Take as many as you want, cut them in half and put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.


flour, 2 whipped egg whites, seasoned bread crumbs
roll the string cheese in this order and place on cookie sheet


Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes



They were yummy!  And low fat really....the string cheese was low fat.  I baked them.  You don't have to feel guilty eating these babies!  Of course they aren't like your county fair cheese curds but who doesn't get a belly ache on the way home from the fair after eating a basket of those?  Try them out!  If you have kids that eat string cheese and if you toss your chicken in bread crumbs from time to time, you'll have everything you need.  I always have pizza sauce on hand because I like to grill pizzas.  Pizza sauce is cheap!

My good-looking food models...



So now you know the reason I have not posted as often lately.  I am up to my eye brows in boxes!  I can't wait to show you our house!  

Nite!


  
  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10