Monday, April 16, 2012

Trying out for baseball

It's baseball season, my favorite season of the year.  I love everything there is about baseball.  Brady has played every year since he was old enough.  Brady is trying out for the majors this year for 4th grade.  Tonight was his first night of try outs and I thought we were all going to turn into popsicles.  It was freezing out there and the wind was terrible!  Brady tells me it doesn't matter if he makes it or not.  The perfect attitude to have.  He's fine where ever he plays he said.  I am fine too, as long as he's having fun and getting some exercise, I don't care where he plays.  I love to watch baseball, it's my favorite sport to watch.  To get warmed up for the try outs, grandpa came over to give him some advice and how to have the confidence he needs to be a good ball player.  Brady did great!


He says he's trying out to be a pitcher.  That boy can throw the ball!  He's so big and so strong that I think he'll do great as a pitcher.  He's also a bit of a perfectionist so getting it in the strike zone is coming pretty easy for him.  


We've been so fortunate to have this amazingly huge backyard to play in.  I wish it was mine for my boys to have as they grow up into wild teenagers that have so much love sports.  It's the perfect size and nice and flat.  When Cody heard grandpa was coming over to play some ball he flew right into his room for his baseball attire, head to toe he was decked out for the big "game". 


Maddy and Willie came too.  They love it at Nana's house just as much as the rest of us...so much that every time they come, they both take 2 nice dumps each.  


With moving, I have been trying to clean out my fridge, freezer and pantry as much as I can.  I am trying to avoid having to pack a bunch of coolers.  I'll do a big grocery shop once we get into our house and figure out some meals.  With cleaning up what I have, I made this chicken dinner the other night.  It's so good, reminds me of a mini Thanksgiving dinner.  I knew I wanted to make this a while back so when I did my last grocery shop I picked up sliced swiss cheese.  I don't usually keep swiss in my fridge because nobody likes it on sandwiches or burgers and I don't really know what else I would use it for.  

Swiss Chicken

4-6 boneless chicken breasts
garlic powder
salt and pepper
4-6 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of milk (use the cream of chicken can)
1 1/2 cups of stove top stuffing mix

Season your chicken and lay in a greased 9x13 baking dish


Next place one slice of cheese on each chicken breast



Mix your soup, milk, and stuffing together in a bowl.  Pour over chicken.



That's it!  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes for smaller chicken breasts.  Mine were a little bigger so I baked them for about 1 hour, 20 minutes.  I uncovered my dish for the last 15 minutes or so to brown the stuffing a little bit.  It's so good and so simple to make!


Try it!  I promise you'll love it.  It's really a cheap meal to make too!

Round 2 of baseball tryouts happens tomorrow night.  Tomorrow it is suppose to be warmer with a lot less wind.  Let's hope so.  I am throwing in my winter coat just in case though.  I was frozen!
I am on my own for half of this week.  Dane is in Philadelphia for a plumbing class.  He texted me tonight to let me know he was out to dinner eating steak and lobster...Gee thanks honey!  

Happy Monday! Nite!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10