Saturday, May 19, 2012

My sick boy

Honestly, I can't tell you how badly it's been without internet.  I think we've finally got it working.  Should I say that or will I jinx myself?

Brady has been sick for over 7 days.  It's been horrible.  This week he turned 10, I turned 33 the day after him.  Our birthdays this year stunk but we are going for crab legs together as soon as he's better.  He's been out of school and I have been out of work.  He's been running terribly high fevers, thrown up, broken out in a rash over almost all of his body, and has slept close to 23 hours a day.  It's been horrible as a mother to watch him this way.  He finally started to eat a little bit of food today, first day since last Saturday.  I have been completely helpless sitting here watching him.  I haven't gone outside, downstairs, or to the store more than once in a week.  We are slowly making progress though.  The fevers are coming down, he's starting to eat a little bit, he's been awake more during the day, and his weakness is slowly getting better.  Having to help your 10-year old boy walk to bed at night is not my idea of a good time.  It breaks my heart.  I know the best thing he needs is just me being here.  He asks me to sit by him all the time....maybe it's because he's been scared of what has been happening to him.  It has for sure scared me.  All the doctors say after all the tests they have done is that it's viral.  So in other words, go home and let it takes it's course...try to keep sane and don't break down in front of your son.  It's really taken a toll on me.  I am not sure what Monday will bring as far as school for him.  Right now he can do about 15 minutes at the table working on legos and then needs a break.  He'll go to the couch and sleep for 2 hours.  But like I said, we're making progress.

This is what I have pretty much looked at for the last 7 days.  For 3 days he didn't even get out of my bed.  Here he is on the couch...this was yesterday.  We're making progress.

Today I had to deliver 300 cupcakes for a wedding.  My wonderful mother and Shelby came up to sit at my house so I could get them done.  If it wasn't for someone's wedding, I would have cancelled. I was torn, it's not like it was for a birthday party or a baby shower, it was for someone's wedding.  I said to myself that I would have if they would have admitted Brady.  Lucky for me and for the bride, they didn't.  When he sleeps all day, it was pretty easy for me to get the baking done. 

Dane also had a commitment this weekend.  He golfs in a tournament every year up north and if he would have cancelled, he would have been out of his money he paid.  I told him I could handle it.  I had my parents to help with the boys and we'd be ok.  He didn't want to go.  He has called and texted me a lot to check on things.  We're doing just fine.

Cody is really enjoying all of his extra free time outside.  I have been pretty easy on him this week and have let him be outside pretty much from the time he gets home from school until he gets hungry and wants to come in.  We got his homework packet done at the beginning of the week and didn't have any spelling words.  It was nice, almost like his teacher knew I was having a bad week and to not send a lot of homework home.

Look at this beautiful flower in my yard.  I love it!

Have a great night, say a little prayer for my boy.  I'll be back soon!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10