Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!  How did you celebrate?  Did you do anything fun with your dad or the father of your children?  We started our day out at church.  Nana had the family out for lunch which was really nice.  Then the rain came.  Bummer.  I got my kitchen floor cleaned today with the help of Cody.  I got quite a bit done actually.  Dane had a nice nap and both boys cleaned their rooms.  I wonder how much is under Cody's bed.  That is usually how he cleans.

Brady made cookies yesterday.  All by himself.  We changed up an old recipe again.  I just can't ever leave a recipe alone without making some little changes.  I started with a base recipe I got from an old cookbook I had gotten a few years ago from my grandma.


Let's call them Fantabulous Chocolate Chip cookies with a Mallow Bit!  Have you tried the new miniature marshmallows?


Fantabulous Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Mallow Bit

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup crisco
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup mallow bits

Mix together the sugars, butter, crisco and peanut butter.  Once combined, add the eggs and vanilla.  Next add the flour, baking soda and salt.  Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, add the chocolate chips and mallow bits.  Scoop them onto the ungreased baking sheet in the size you want.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  You don't want them to turn brown so keep an eye on them.  Unless you like crunchy cookies then bake them longer.  I am a soft cookie eater kind of gal so I like to take them out right at 12 minutes. 

Come to Kelly!


Or Cody...


I hope you had a Fantabulous Father's day today, I know we did!


Nite! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10