Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well hello there

I am still alive.  Wow it's been a busy couple of weeks.  It's been hard to find time to sit at my computer lately.  It must be summer time??  It's been so hot outside that you actually start to melt when you walk out there.  Our air conditioner is running non stop and can hardly keep up.  I love summer and I love the heat but this is a bit much.  I am taking the boys over to Dane's aunt's camper tomorrow after work and we're spending the night.  I may need to just sit in the lake, that should feel pretty good I'd say.

I've been really trying to get some kind of exercise in even if it's just some push ups and sit ups.  I got Cody to go for a walk with me the other morning before it got too hot out.  It was still pretty warm but we made it.  We walked for an hour and a half.  Even my socks were soaked by the time we got back.  Oh but it felt so good.  Getting out the door is always the hardest part.  There is never a time where a smile doesn't show up on my face when I walk back through that door.  It's very worth it.

I found a wrap idea online the other day.  Who doesn't like a blt?  It was so good.  My kids loved them, I really liked them, Dane enjoyed them...even Shelby stopped over for one!  So here's what you do.


You'll need some lettuce, bacon or turkey bacon, tortillas, mayo or lite mayo, and sun dried tomatoes.  For the dressing it's 1 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes chopped.  This was more than enough so if you wanted to make less you can.  I broke up the bacon into smaller pieces.


Spread as much mayo as you want on your tortilla.


Next comes the bacon.


Lots of lettuce.


Who wants a bite?  Oh my goodness these were yummy!  They were so light too.  I think from now on we'll have our blts this way.  My tomatoes are growing in the garden right now and will be amazing wrapped up in a tortilla.  The blt is one of Brady's favorite sandwiches.  He was one happy boy!


He even ditched the giant water slide outside to come have one.  Happy boy!

We're off right after work tomorrow to go play at the camper.  I am thinking about trying the kayak for the first time and am looking forward to it.

Nite!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10