Sunday, September 23, 2012

A little baby shower

The baby shower was a success.  We had great company, great food, and adorable decorations.  This hostess is one tired cookie.  Danelle got so many nice things today for her new baby boy.  The little outfits, the cute little socks, the baby shampoo, and the tiny diapers...I was jealous.  I wanted to be sitting in that chair opening those gifts, preparing for a new little one.  I'll get over it in a couple of days, don't worry Mom.  I've got too much homework to help with now and too many practices to run to, I don't have the time I would need to take care of a newborn.  Danelle had a great day.


There was the front step, all decorated for fall.  A little FYI if you're looking to buy a straw bail for you front step- do not, I repeat, DO NOT put this in the back of your minivan without a tarp or garbage bag.  I was in the back seat of my minivan, my knees on the seat, leaf blower in hand, full blast I was blowing straw out of my van.  Two hours it took me to get all of the straw out.  I was blowing it out, vacuuming like crazy, then later in the evening taking it for a drive with all of the windows down watching it fly out all four windows.  Not cool.


There was a homemade wreath on the door.  Thank you Shelby for your idea and assistance.  Very easy to make folks.  All you need are a few fun supplies and a hot glue gun. 


There was a baby banner.  A pennant made out of burlap, painted and stenciled, hung from some thick wool yarn held by baby clothes pins.



There was a diaper cake.  Little tiny diapers wrapped in ribbon.  Baby teething rings, little socks, and yummy smelling lotions and soaps.


There was garland.  Leaf shaped felt garland, sewn together with a thin cream colored yarn.


There was an appetizer table.  Plates and bowls in the coordinating colors anxiously waiting for food to be placed.  Around them stood the favors.


Pretzels and peanuts coated with chocolate.  So yummy, so addicting.  Thank you to Pete's mom for making these amazing treats.  It's always nice to send guests home with a little "thanks for coming" gift.


I wasn't quite fast enough to get a picture of the food before it was dipped into.  We had bruschetta, artichoke dip, a fiesta chicken dip, cordon blue melts, and those irresistible melt in your mouth holiday wrappings that I brought to my Mom's last year for Christmas.  For dessert we had apple cheesecake bars and brownies. 


There were gifts.  Lots and lots of neat little things for baby boy.


Then there was the Momma.  Isn't she cute?  She's got 52 days to her due date..she's counting down.


Danelle and her Grandma Maggie.  Look at that baby bump.  I wonder if he's going to be a big boy.  What a great party, I just love playing hostess! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 10