Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Painting

We're more than half way through the work week.  I am excited for the long weekend.  Brady is on the road to recovery.  He was even outside for a bit tonight throwing the football around with a neighbor boy.  It was nice to see him a little active and smiling.  The doctor called today and told us he has mono.  He's had it for 6-8 weeks she said and now it's no longer active and he's recovering.  Geez, would have been nice to know that last week when I was scared he wasn't going to come out of this.  Glad we know what it is and what he's been going through.  I think I might actually be able to sleep well tonight.

It's so windy up here at our house that I think our deck furniture will be out in the yard by morning.  They say we could see some storms.  We need the rain really bad.  It's funny, we turn our sprinkler on and it's like kids can smell it from miles away because before we know it, we have at least 6 kids in swim suits running through our sprinkler.  Cody is in heaven with all of the kids around to play.

I repainted my laundry room.  Here it is before.


I decided I didn't like that tomato wall and wanted something lighter and more fresh looking.


I love it!  It's a bluish green color with a little bit of gray in it to tone it down.  It's a very calming color and actually makes the room feel bigger.  I don't know if I would go as far as saying it makes me want to do laundry but the color for sure makes me smile.  I am still working on putting a few things on the walls.  I have to do it when Dane is gone because he gets all nervous when I start putting holes in the walls. 

I also repainted the living room, dining room and kitchen as well.  I went with a darker tan color...reminds me of chocolate milk.  I love how warm and rich it looks and feels.


Can you guess what Dane's favorite thing in this room is and where he sits when he's in this room?  With remote in hand, he kicks his feet up in one of those recliners and loves it.  I am not sure how I want to decorate this room.  I am actually liking it the way it is for now with how clean and open it feels.  Plus, it's a lot easier to dust without having to work around so much stuff on the tables.

Nite! Pin It

1 comment:

view sourceprint?01 10